1. Build a snowman/snow-woman. Who can build the biggest? (I definitely want to see pictures of these!)
2. Investigate how fast snow melts in different conditions (in a fridge/ freezer/ next to the radiator/ on the windowsill). You will need to keep this a fair test! Collect the snow in cups and make sure the same amount is in each.
3. Design a snowflake. Try and use our tonal techniques.
4. Go on a hunt for footprints and animal prints in the snow. Take a photo and sketch this when you get home. Try and use our tonal techniques.
5. Go sledging. Find and test hills and slopes. What makes a good sledging hill? (Is it height? Is it fresh snow?)
6. Observe the snowy scene from your window and sketch a winter scene. Try and use our tonal techniques.