Staff in Earth house are:
- Miss Harper
- Miss Reeves
- Mrs McCarthy
- Mrs Harley
- Mrs Isham
- Miss Godward
House Captains are:
- Kyle Fothergill
- Sashana Barzey-Rose
- Ryley Bradley
- Abigail Buckley
Triumphs this year are:
- Earth House won the House Board in September. We worked together as a team to create a background of seasonal colours, we placed an earth in the middle and the children drew and coloured people who all held hands around the perimeter of the earth.
- We made a capsule where Year 5 and 6 children wrote messages to their future selves, we collected all the badges and certificates that school presents and photographs of all the activities we participate in. We had great fun and were proud to be 2nd place.
- For the curriculum Christmas Fair challenge we had a great time decorating cakes, making Christmas hampers and slime…lots of slime. The children worked really hard and we are proud to accept 1st place. Well done everyone.
- Our MasterChef challenge this year was linked to Around the World, we worked hard as a team to produce a variety of food from each continent using a selection of given ingredients. We decorated our room in the style of an airport departure lounge, we painted a large map of the world, using a different colour for each continent. Tables were then decorated in the same corresponding colours and food positioned appropriately. We made sandwiches, pizza, flat breads and decorated cakes. We also made dips and stuffed peppers. We used passport covers for menus and recipe cards, had pictures of national costumes and decorated our tables with flags. We were awarded 3rd place and a great party was had by all.
- A massive well done to Earth house and their excellent team work during the latest House Challenge which was for the Problem Solving cup. This time the children worked within their Phases, participating in a variety of activities across the school that needed them to look for solutions, solve problems and most of all, work together. As our scores were added together we came joint second. Our points were added to our scores which has now put us in the lead overall. We need to work hard in the Talent show now and try to hold onto our lead.
- This year's talent show had a 'Take That' theme and all houses worked together on a whole school production. Earth were, as ever, totally enthusiastic and Mrs Willmore helped a group to dance their version of 'Could it be Magic?'. Everyone joined in with making programmes, banners, posters, dancing, acting, impersonating and of course supporting their house with lots of energy. We came joint second with Fire in this challenge. There's just the sports challenge to go now. I hope everyone is busy practising their sports skills!
- We achieved 3rd place for our Sports Day challenge once all the results were combined. Once all of the points were added together this put Earth as the champions overall for the House Challenges this year. Well done Earth House!