At Kingsthorne we encourage the children to experience art through producing creative work, using a range of techniques and learning about great artists, craft makers and designers.
By the end of Foundation the children will be expected to:
- Experiment with colour, form and function.
- Represent their own ideas through art, music, dance, role play and stories.
Key Stage 1.
In Key Stage 1 the children will:
- Use a range of materials creatively to design and make products.
- Use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination.
- Develop a range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space.
- Learn about artists, such as Monet, Van Gogh, Albert Durer and Mondrian.
- Children in Key Stage 1 will begin to use sketchbooks to record their obervations.