Staff in Water house are:
- Miss Harper
- Mr Ricketts
- Ms McCarthy
- Mrs Hunt
- Mr Marshall
- Miss Capnerhurst
House Captains are:
- Keyarah (House Captain)
- Callun (House Captain)
- Kimmi (Vice Captain)
- Abdullah (Vice Captain)
Triumphs this year are:
- For the first challenge we did an underwater themed noticeboard this year, with all of the teachers featuring on it as well as our House Captains in deep sea divers' outfits! The rest of the house were seen through a porthole and the children had lots of fun creating sea creatures to go onto the board. The competition was fierce, as all the boards were amazing and we came in 3rd place. Watch this space for news of our next challenge!
- The Art challenge was an exciting challenge – we had to think about our Kingsthorne Time Capsule and decide what should go in it. We decided that people in the future would want to know about technology, inspiration, music and film and education – this spelt out TIME. We came 3rd place in the challenge and we can’t wait for the next one!
- The Curriculum Cup was a hard fought battle. School was like Santa’s workshop as classrooms were transformed into production lines of cakes, Christmas Eve boxes and tombola prizes. We were really pleased with our profit and came 3rd place – making only £2 less profit than Fire House in 2nd Place! Thank you everyone who visited our stall for your support.
- MasterChef was an exciting day and we enjoyed cooking delights from around the world, including pizza and pasta from Italy, chow mein from China, fajitas from Mexico and a traditional afternoon tea from the United Kingdom. All the children worked so hard to cook and decorate the room. We made a donation to the charity Water Aid as part of what we did instead of spending all our money on food or decoration. We researched and explained to the judges all the work they do around the world. We were awarded 2nd place which we were ecstatic about. Well done everyone!
- Well Done to all of Water House for coming 1st in the Problem Solving Cup! Our victory was well-deserved as the children from Year 1 up to Year 6 spent the morning puzzling out problems, collaborating with others and making logical decisions. It was a fabulous morning, which tested many different skills but, most of all, was fun for everyone. We are looking forward to the Talent Show to try and build on this recent success. Keep it up Water!
- Well we sang, danced and acted our hearts out for the Talent Show just before Half Term and we put on a fabulous show based on the music of Take That, where all the houses worked together. We were a little disappointed to come in 4th place, however, this now puts us in joint 2nd place ahead of the Sports Cup so it is all to play for! Bring it on!
- We were really pleased to achieve 1st place in Sports Day, showing our fabulous sporting abilities. Overall, this meant that we came 2nd this year. Well done Water House - bring on next year!