STAFF IN EARTH HOUSE ARE:
- Mrs Brooks
- Miss Bridgen
- Mrs Harley
- Miss Hancox
- Mrs Lunn
HOUSE CAPTAINS ARE:
TRIUMPHS THIS YEAR ARE:
- A massive well done to Earth house and their excellent team work during the latest House Challenge which was for the Problem Solving cup. This time the children worked within their phases, participating in a variety of activities across the school that needed them to look for solutions, solve problems and most of all, work together. As our scores were added together we came joint second. Our points were added to our scores which has now put us in the lead overall. We need to work hard in the talent show now and try to hold onto our lead.
- The 2018 Christmas fair was a huge hit for Earth House as we came 1st place, scoring 100 points. We worked as a team to create fabulous crafts and foods to sell on our stall. We had lots of fun decorating cakes, making pizza, wrapping gifts and making slime, lots of slime. We really were Santa’s little helpers. Super effort Earth House.
- A fabulous time was had by all at during the art challenge. For this challenge, each phase was allocated a famous artist and was challenged to produce a framed piece of art. Upper KS2 were allocated Lowry and we produced a piece which included match stalk people and depicted Birmingham in the style of Lowry. Lower KS2 produced a piece in the style of Kandinsky and KS1 were allocated Picasso. We are clearly a very artistic house because it was 1st for Earth House
- This year's Kingsthorne talent show was brilliant with every house working in phases to practice and prepare for their performances. Years 1 and 2 were little bunnies hopping around, singing to 'Hoppity Hippity Hop'; Year 3 and 4 learnt a meaningful Easter poem using props to bring their poem to life and Years 5 and 6 created a wowing dance routine to the song 'Lollipop' by the Chordettes. They even made costumes. Well done Earth House, a fabulous effort made by all.
- This year’s Masterchef 2019 was centred on ‘The Great British Summer’. Earth house decided to incorporate Wimbledon into this. Years 1 and 6 were partnered to make sandwiches, years 3 and 5 partnered to make and design cupcakes and years 2 and 4 partnered to make savoury treats. As well as making food we were tasked with the job of designing packaging to display our foods in. We made tennis racket trays, tennis pitch platters, Wimbledon bunting and more! As always we worked fabulously as a team. Earth came 2nd! We are currently 1st across all of the challenges.
- What a fantastic sports day this year! All of the children participated, had fun and tried their best. In the morning Key Stage 1 children went out onto the quad and participated in 5 races - Earth children worked as a team, cheering each other on and had a blast too! We had a water race, obstacle race, beanbag race and more... In the afternoon Key Stage 2 children went out onto the top playground for their sports day. There were some close races between all of the houses but Earth children did us proud and put 100% effort in! All of the Earth staff were particularly proud of the sportsmanship showed by all Earth children, supporting and cheering on other houses as well as our own. This year Earth came 2nd in the Sports Cup and joint 1st with Water House overall…GO EARTH!