STAFF IN WATER HOUSE ARE:
- Miss Harper
- Mr Ricketts
- Mr Marshall
- Miss Godward
- Miss Capnerhurst
HOUSE CAPTAINS ARE:
- Keyarah (House Captain)
- Callun (House Captain)
- Kimmi (Vice Captain)
- Abdullah (Vice Captain)
TRIUMPHS THIS YEAR ARE:
- The children worked in their phase to complete the problem solving challenge. They had to work as a team to overcome problems that they were presented to complete. Each phase had four challenges to complete, including blindfolded assault courses, mystery bags, penguin sliders and shape problems. They had to use resilience, teamwork and good communication to solve them.
- Water had to create a successful Christmas themed stall, selling items to raise a profit. The children spent two mornings creating Christmas themed snacks, ornaments and games with prizes up for grabs. They worked well as a team all the way from Years 1 to 6. Well done Water!
- For this year’s art challenge we were tasked with creating a piece of art work to fit inside a frame to be displayed in the corridor. Years 1 and 2 created a piece based around Pablo Picasso’s cubism. We used different textures which were then combined together to make one piece. Years 3 and 4 created a Kandinsky inspired piece of art. We used pastels to decorate leaves for the Kingsthorne tree with different shapes. Years 5 and 6 created a piece inspired by LS Lawry. Again, the children used pastels, crayons and a variety of collage materials to create their picture. Look out for all our fabulous creations displayed around school.
- Years 1 and 2 worked together to perform an Easter themed song ‘The Easter Bunny Bop’. Years 3 and 4 learnt and performed an Easter poem called ‘The Sweet Truth of Easter’. Years 5 and 6 were given the song ‘Dynamite’, an explosive pop classic, to illustrate through dance. The children worked hard to learn their words and movements and to use or wear their hats and props. Well done Water House.
- During the Masterchef challenge we had to create a theme for a British summer picnic. We decided to theme our picnic on the Chelsea Flower show. Years 1 and 6 made flower shaped sandwiches and tuna pasta. Years 2 and 4 decorated cakes and biscuits with flower shaped icing. Years 3 and 5 made pastries in the shape of flowers. Everyone put in an amazing effort and had a fabulous time. To top off a wonderful day we came 1st. Well done Water house.
- Water performed brilliantly at sports day, all the children did their very best in all of the races. They took part in races such as egg and spoon, bean bag balance, water relay, obstacle relay and sprints. There were lots of victories and the team were good sports throughout the competition and should be proud of how they did. Well done to everyone in coming 1st in the Sports Cup and joint 1st with Water House overall.